Buying a ticket to the U.S. Open helps support U.S. SQUASH’s official charity, the National Urban Squash and Education Association (Urban Squash).
A portion of U.S. Open proceeds benefit Urban Squash organizations which run after-school enrichment programs to help motivated and talented young people from economically disadvantaged households fulfill their academic, athletic and personal potential.
Programs are an intensive, year-round commitment that include squash, tutoring, mentoring, community service, travel, culture, high school placement, employment training and college prep.
NUSEA’s ultimate aim is to oversee the creation and longevity of Urban Squash programs so that thousands of young people across America benefit every day from our athletic, educational and community enrichment activities. The results are already impressive:
- 1,000 students from Boston, Harlem, Philadelphia, the Bronx, Chicago, New Haven, San Diego, Baltimore, and Denver participate in NUSEA programs.
- 100% of urban squash students graduate from high school.
- 93% of urban squash graduates go on to earn a college degree.
- 10 U.S. cities currently impact the lives of kids every day through urban squash and education programs.
- $10 million in private high school and college scholarships have been awarded to 150 urban squash graduates.