During 2011 U.S. Open Championships, being held September 30th-October 6th, at Drexel University in Philadelphia, PA, U.S. SQUASH is permitted to designate 8 players for a position in the Men’s PSA Qualifying Draw, and 4 players in the Women’s WISPA Qualifying Draw. To fill these positions, U.S. SQUASH will bring together the best local professionals as well as the top players from varied constituencies. The U.S. Open presents a unique opportunity to showcase premier U.S. talent against the best players the world has to offer.
Listed below are the criteria for both the Men’s and Women’s Local Qualifying positions for the 2011 U.S. Open at Drexel University:
PSA Men’s Event:
• 2 Men’s College Squash Association players, determined by being a U.S. Citizen and highest ranked in 2010-11 End-of-Season CSA Individual Rankings
• 1 U.S. Junior Player, determined by U.S. BU19 Rankings as of March 21, 2011
• 1 Position to John White, Head Coach of Drexel University and former World #1
• 2 Local players determined in a pre-qualifier tournament, who must reside within 50 miles of Drexel University
• 2 U.S. PSA players who do not automatically make the main or qualifying draw, selected in order of PSA ranking
WISPA Women’s Event:
• 1 Women’s College Squash Association player, determined by being a U.S. Citizen and highest ranked in 2010-11 End-of-Season CSA Individual Rankings
• 1 U.S. Junior Player, determined by U.S. GU19 Rankings as of March 21, 2011
• 1 Local player determined in a pre-qualifier tournament, who must reside within 50 miles of Drexel University
• 1 U.S. WIPSA players who does not automatically make the main or qualifying draw, selected in order of WISPA ranking
Play in the Local Pre-Qualifier tournaments has been underway throughout the past several weeks, and final qualifying positions will be released later in August. U.S. SQUASH would like to thank all players for their participation.
Women’s Pre-Qualifying Players:
Men’s Pre-Qualifying Players:
To purchase tickets for the 2011 U.S. Open Championships, please click here.